Sunday, August 4, 2013

Night in tropics

After we came back from Borneo, I got a little bit more experience with choosing the right gear.

What was not acceptable for my body was heat.
It’s basically too hot and too wet there.

I was sweating so much that  I had an impression of ants doing mountain kayaking competition on my back.

Sleeping just on a ground is not advised, too many weird insects around.

Once we slept in hammocks (with integrated mosquito net) but we had no tarp, as I took tent instead.
So when started to rain at # AM we moved back to tent.

Tent is just disaster in such conditions.
I have an impression that every possible tent was constructed to keep us worm and secure us from wind and water.

Every wind is blocked by tent… terrible.

If you are planning to sleep in a jungle, my recommendation is hammock with integrated mosquito net AND tarp.

Main mistake was not to take tarp as we took tent.

What to do with backpacks ?

Put backpack in transport bag (was described at some stage in this blog)
and cover with military style poncho punched to the ground.
will work. (tested with tropical storm)

2013-07-17 07-54-57_Malezja

No comments:

Post a Comment